Call for Submissions: Aboriginal Music Week 2014
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Aboriginal Music Manitoba will be producing the sixth annual Aboriginal Music Week in Winnipeg next summer (exact dates to be confirmed) and the organization is currently accepting applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, Native American, and Indigenous recording artists for performance spots.
The 2014 festival schedule will include outdoor concerts, nightclub concerts, networking receptions, and collaborative exchanges in Winnipeg. Artists will receive performance fees for concerts but travel funds are limited.
To be considered for a performance spot, you must:
• Have a current or upcoming professional release (EP / full-length)
• Have at least two professional print resolution photographs
• Have a professional website
• Have a music video on YouTube or a quality video of yourself performing on YouTube
• Be willing to participate in an open mic during the festival
• Be willing to provide at least one song for the free download page on the festival website
• Accept the festival's radius clause for the city of Winnipeg (four months before the festival and one month after the festival)
• Have the ability to book your own flights (the festival may be able to pay a flight buyout, but we won't be handling any of the bookings)
• Be a nice person
NOTE: The radius clause does not apply to artists or bands that live in Winnipeg
Please submit the following in ONE email to firstname.lastname@example.org with download links to all files (NOTE: submissions that require multiple emails to deliver files will not be accepted):
• One-page biography
• A stage plot and tech rider for the performance that you would like us to book (complete our template and send us a list of the backline models you need if you don't already have a stage plot and tech rider)
• Two print resolution digital photos (minimum of 2mb in size or larger)
• A link for us to download your current or upcoming professional release (EP / full-length)
• Your website address
• Links to your video(s) on YouTube
• Your contact information (full name, mailing address, phone number, email, website)
• Contact information for your booking agent or the band member that handles booking (full name, mailing address, phone number, email, website)
Please send submissions in ONE email message to:
Subject Line: "Aboriginal Music Week 2013 submission"
Please feel free to contact email@example.com for more information about our Call for Submissions.
Please visit aboriginalmusicweek.ca for more information about the festival.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered (simply sending us a link to your Sonicbids profile or website will be considered an incomplete submission).
Submission that require multiple messages to deliver files will not be accepted.
Please upload all files to a download page on your own website or use a free service like DropBox to host everything.