Aboriginal Music Week 2014 dates announced
Aboriginal Music Week 2014 will run Wednesday, August 20 to Sunday, August 24 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The five day music festival will include six free outdoor concerts, an open mic, an artist and industry networking reception, workshops for youth, and a couple bigger nightclub concerts.
The Call for Submissions for Aboriginal Music Week 2014 is available online and all artists and band submissions must be in by Wednesday, November 6.
The draft schedule at a glance:
- Wednesday, August 20: networking reception, youth workshops
- Thursday, August 21: free community concert, nightclub concert, youth workshops
- Friday, August 22: free lunch hour concert, free evening concert, open mic, youth workshops
- Saturday, August 23: free community concert, free evening concert, nightclub concert
- Sunday, August 24: free community concert
We have room for more sponsors and funding partners this year. Please contact Alan Greyeyes (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you or your business are interested in sponsoring Aboriginal Music Week 2014.
Questions and new programming partnerships:
If you have any questions about Aboriginal Music Week 2014 or would like to discuss a programming partnership, please contact Alan Greyeyes (email@example.com).
About Aboriginal Music Week:
Aboriginal Music Week was launched in 2009. The main goal of the festival is to develop Aboriginal youth as an audience for live music.
The festival presents Native, Métis, Inuit, and Indigenous artists who perform hip hop, electronic, traditional, world, folk, rock, country, and blues music.
Aboriginal Music Week is produced by Aboriginal Music Manitoba Inc., which is a non-profit organization based in Winnipeg.
Please visit ammb.ca for more information about the organization.