Call for Submissions: Aboriginal Music Week 2015
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4 PM CST on Thursday, December 4, 2014
Aboriginal Music Manitoba will be producing the seventh annual Aboriginal Music Week in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and the organization is currently accepting applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, Native American, and Indigenous recording artists for performance spots.
The festival is set for August 18 - 22, 2015 and the organization has four big community celebrations, four lunch hour concerts, three days of workshops for youth, two networking dinners, an open mic, and a closing night party planned.
Artists will be offered performance fees but travel funds are limited.
Please note that the majority of the performance opportunities are at family events and community gatherings.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered (simply sending us a link to your Sonicbids profile or website will be considered an incomplete submission).
Please be sure to update your website with high resolution photos and recent performance videos if you don't already have those available.
The Aboriginal Music Week programming committee will be reviewing all submissions in December. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
To be considered for a performance spot, you must:
- Have a current or upcoming professional release (EP / full-length)
- Have a website with at least two professional print resolution photographs available for download
- Have at least one video on YouTube or Vimeo that gives our programming committee a good idea of what you look like and sound like
- Be willing to participate in an open mic during the festival
- Be willing to participate in our networking dinners during the festival
- Be willing to provide at least one song for the free download page on the festival website
- Have a plan to get at least 50 people to attend your concert if we book you
- Have the ability to book your own flights (the festival may be able to pay a flight buyout, but we won't be handling any of the bookings)
- Be a nice person
Please complete our online submission form by 4 PM CST on Thursday, December 4, 2014 (email submissions, Sonicbids submissions, fax submissions, printed submissions, and incomplete submissions will not be accepted).
Please feel free to contact email@example.com for more information about our call for submissions or the submission form.
Please visit aboriginalmusicweek.ca for more information about the festival.