Call for Submissions, sākihiwē festival 2023
Aboriginal Music Manitoba (AMM), producer of the sākihiwē festival in Winnipeg, is accepting artist updates and submissions for its 2023 programming. First Nation, Inuit, Métis, and Indigenous artists from Turtle Island and beyond are invited to submit an update or an application for the 2023 edition of the sākihiwē festival and AMM's outreach concert series.
The sākihiwē festival is set for June 23 - 25 in Winnipeg and the outreach concerts will run in July, August, and September.
The submission deadline is Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 11:59 pm CT.
All submissions must be sent online through the Google form. Email, fax, and physical submissions will not be accepted.
Submit here: forms.gle/dLEzFRoAgYVg75G96
Please note the following:
- AMM needs to be able to market artists to its audiences so promotional photos and video content is just as important to them as the music is.
- AMM takes music to Indigenous and newcomer families so performers may be required to provide a child abuse registry check for all members and support staff.
- AMM relies on project grants, which often come closer to its festival and concert dates, so performance offers might not be sent out until April.
- Submissions or updates are not required from artists that AMM has already contacted for performances in 2023.
- AMM will keep submissions on file for consideration in 2024.
Please email Alan Greyeyes (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Aboriginal Music Manitoba (AMM) acknowledges the Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage, the Canada Council for the Arts, the Manitoba Arts Council, and the Winnipeg Arts Council for their financial support of the sākihiwē festival and AMM's outreach programming.