- Eekwol, Ila Barker premieres set for sākihiwē music Thursdays Hip hop emcee Eekwol and singer-songwriter Ila Barker have video premieres for sākihiwē music Thursdays scheduled for release in December.
- Leela Gilday in concert with Ila Barker Our first concert of the year features JUNO Award winning folk/roots artist Leela Gilday at the Good Will Social Club on Wednesday, April 27. The music will begin at 8:00 pm and Gilday will be supported by local singer/songwriter Ila Barker.
- More sākihiwē festival songwriter concerts and workshops set for July Sandra Sutter, William Prince, Samantha Crain, PIQSIQ, and Fawn Wood among the artists set to perform and lead workshops for the sākihiwē festival's outreach programming in July.
- Artist in Residence Sessions, season two The sākihiwē festival is teaming up with the National Arts Centre and event producer Ila Barker to deliver the second edition of the Artist in Residence Sessions (AIRsessions), which takes free music workshops to the Indigenous Family Centre in Winnipeg's North End. The series begins on January 16 and youth between the ages of 13 and 25 can register for any workshops that interest them.
- sākihiwē festival at The Lyric Threatre The sākihiwē festival is kicking off its outreach concert series with a collaborative performance lead by music director MJ Dandeneau. The group, which includes pow wow step music producer Boogey The Beat, singer/songwriters Ila Barker and Sierra Noble, hip hop crooner Sebastian Gaskin, and hoop dancer Shanley Spence will perform under the "sākihiwē travellers" banner at the Lyric Theatre in Assiniboine Park on Thursday, July 11, 2019.
- sākihiwē festival x north point douglas women's centre the sākihiwē festival is teaming up with the north point douglas womens centre (npdwc) to present shanley spence, ila barker hellnback, and studio 393 at the austin street festival on friday, august 3, 2018. the concert is set for 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on austin street, between selkirk avenue and euclid avenue, and the npdwc also has a dunk tank, bbq, face painting, and street hockey all set for the day.
- Aboriginal Music Week 2016 festival details Aboriginal Music Manitoba (AMM) is excited to announce the full lineup and performance schedule for Aboriginal Music Week 2016. The eighth edition of the festival runs August 9-13 and it includes performances by 27 Indigenous acts from Turtle Island, along with two guests from South America and Australia, in six neighbourhoods in and around Winnipeg's core.