- Artist in Residence Sessions, season two The sākihiwē festival is teaming up with the National Arts Centre and event producer Ila Barker to deliver the second edition of the Artist in Residence Sessions (AIRsessions), which takes free music workshops to the Indigenous Family Centre in Winnipeg's North End. The series begins on January 16 and youth between the ages of 13 and 25 can register for any workshops that interest them.
- The sākihiwē festival at the Zoo Lights Festival The sākihiwē festival is teaming up with the Assiniboine Park Conservancy to present Shanley Spence with Boogey The Beat, the Ivan Flett Memorial Dancers, Sebastian Gaskin, and the legendary Billy Joe Green at the Zoo Lights Festival on Sunday, December 29. The performance is set for 5:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. at Town Hall in the Assiniboine Park Zoo and tickets are $12, which includes access to all Zoo exhibits.
- sākihiwē festival at The Lyric Threatre The sākihiwē festival is kicking off its outreach concert series with a collaborative performance lead by music director MJ Dandeneau. The group, which includes pow wow step music producer Boogey The Beat, singer/songwriters Ila Barker and Sierra Noble, hip hop crooner Sebastian Gaskin, and hoop dancer Shanley Spence will perform under the "sākihiwē travellers" banner at the Lyric Theatre in Assiniboine Park on Thursday, July 11, 2019.
- the 2018 sākihiwē festival schedule aboriginal music manitoba (amm) is excited to announce the full details for the 2018 edition of the sākihiwē festival (formerly known as aboriginal music week), set for june 15 - 17 in winnipeg, manitoba, canada.
- introducing the sākihiwē festival aboriginal music manitoba (amm) is excited to introduce the sākihiwē festival (formerly aboriginal music week)- a three day music festival featuring performances by 20 indigenous artists on five stages in winnipeg during the third weekend in june.