- Eekwol, Ila Barker premieres set for sākihiwē music Thursdays Hip hop emcee Eekwol and singer-songwriter Ila Barker have video premieres for sākihiwē music Thursdays scheduled for release in December.
- sākihiwē festival Opaskwayak The sākihiwē festival is working with Joe A. Ross School in Opaskwayak Cree Nation (OCN) to deliver a series of free music workshops and performances by four Indigenous artists from Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba on March 18 and 19.
- AMW at Lunch, Indigenous music and art experience The AMW at Lunch presented by Digital Drum concert series provides easy access to Aboriginal Music Week for professionals and families in and around Winnipeg's downtown. Each concert will begin at 12:00 p.m. and the series features performances by Maliseet operatic singer Jeremy Dutcher (August 9), Pitjantjatjara singer/songwriter Frank Yamma (August 10), Métis neo-soul singer David Morin (August 11), and Cree hip hop emcee Eekwol (August 12).
- Aboriginal Music Week 2016 festival details Aboriginal Music Manitoba (AMM) is excited to announce the full lineup and performance schedule for Aboriginal Music Week 2016. The eighth edition of the festival runs August 9-13 and it includes performances by 27 Indigenous acts from Turtle Island, along with two guests from South America and Australia, in six neighbourhoods in and around Winnipeg's core.
- Boogey The Beat, Eekwol available for free workshops in Winnipeg Music producer Boogey The Beat and award winning hip hop emcee Eekwol will be leading Aboriginal Music Week's first set of outreach workshops in Winnipeg this summer. The duo will be available for small group presentations about their work in music, mentor sessions with music programs in the city, and informal outreach to youth programs looking for Indigenous role models.