- Concert Preview: The Aboriginal Songwriters Concert, presented by CBC Radio One & CBC Radio 3 The Aboriginal Songwriters Concert, presented by CBC Radio One and CBC Radio 3, features a songwriting circle with Sonia Eidse, Stu Porteous, Mark Nabess, and Bonnie Couchie. Anishinabe blues legend Billy Joe Green will headline the night and tickets are just $5. The show starts at 730pm and it all goes down at the West End Cultural Centre in downtown Winnipeg.
- Concert Preview: The Halloween Bash, presented by Visual Lizard The Halloween Bash, presented by Visual Lizard, features performances by 2009 Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Award breakout Inez, MÃ©tis country star-on-the-rise Jerry Sereda, and Aboriginal music legend Percy Tuesday. Cash prizes are also up for grabs for the top three costumes and DJ Rahdil will be moving the crowd in between performances.
- Concert Preview: The MÃ©tis Jamboree, presented by Travel Manitoba Weâ€™re presenting some great artists this year and it all starts with the MÃ©tis Jamboree, presented by Travel Manitoba, on Friday, October 29. Check the videos below for a taste of what youâ€™re going to see at the Skyview Ballroom for this event.
- The Aboriginal Music Week 2010 Lineup Winnipeg, MB â€“ Aboriginal Music Week 2010 (AMW2010) is set for October 29 - November 6 in venues throughout downtown Winnipeg. Eight concerts and one film event are on the agenda for the second annual music festival.
- Aboriginal Music Week set for another great year Year 2 of Aboriginal Music Week features an expanded slate of concerts, a new conference for Aboriginal presenters, and a great film event. The website has also been improved and festivalgoers will be able to purchase and print their concert tickets from www.aboriginalmusicweek.ca.