- Introducing Common Ground The sākihiwē festival is partnering with the Winnipeg Folk Festival, the Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization of Manitoba (IRCOM), the West End Cultural Centre, and Central Neighbourhoods Winnipeg to launch a new miniseries, entitled Common Ground.
- sākihiwē + Wahkohtowin Families workshops set for August The sākihiwē festival's workshops will continue into August with more free performances and fun activities for families and fans of live music. The series will stream on the festival's YouTube channel and Facebook page every Wednesday, beginning on August 5.
- More sākihiwē festival songwriter concerts and workshops set for July Sandra Sutter, William Prince, Samantha Crain, PIQSIQ, and Fawn Wood among the artists set to perform and lead workshops for the sākihiwē festival's outreach programming in July.
- Introducing sākihiwē family workshops and songwriter concerts The sākihiwē festival is kicking off June with a new outreach series that includes free workshops for families and free songwriter concerts for music lovers around the globe. The program will run every Wednesday and stream online for free from the festival's YouTube channel and Facebook page.
- The sākihiwē festival at the Zoo Lights Festival The sākihiwē festival is teaming up with the Assiniboine Park Conservancy to present Shanley Spence with Boogey The Beat, the Ivan Flett Memorial Dancers, Sebastian Gaskin, and the legendary Billy Joe Green at the Zoo Lights Festival on Sunday, December 29. The performance is set for 5:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. at Town Hall in the Assiniboine Park Zoo and tickets are $12, which includes access to all Zoo exhibits.
- sākihiwē festival at The Lyric Threatre The sākihiwē festival is kicking off its outreach concert series with a collaborative performance lead by music director MJ Dandeneau. The group, which includes pow wow step music producer Boogey The Beat, singer/songwriters Ila Barker and Sierra Noble, hip hop crooner Sebastian Gaskin, and hoop dancer Shanley Spence will perform under the "sākihiwē travellers" banner at the Lyric Theatre in Assiniboine Park on Thursday, July 11, 2019.
- sākihiwē festival x north point douglas women's centre the sākihiwē festival is teaming up with the north point douglas womens centre (npdwc) to present shanley spence, ila barker hellnback, and studio 393 at the austin street festival on friday, august 3, 2018. the concert is set for 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on austin street, between selkirk avenue and euclid avenue, and the npdwc also has a dunk tank, bbq, face painting, and street hockey all set for the day.